BHTA Scholarships 2016
Tourism is key to Barbados’ economy and the Barbados Hotel and Tourism Association strongly believes in the sustainability of the tourism industry, especially through its human resources development.
As a result, the Association will be granting three (3) scholarships to persons seeking to further their education in the tourism and hospitality industry. The main aim of this scholarship programme is to provide assistance and opportunities to Barbadian nationals seeking to pursue further education in tourism and hospitality studies.
The BHTA is looking forward to working with the young people of Barbados who will drive the tourism industry forward in the future and are excited to be able to providing the opportunity for three lucky students to be able to pursue their educational and professional goals.
The assessment committee will select individuals based on their academic performance, financial need, levels of extracurricular and volunteer activities, leadership qualities and interest in contributing to the hotel and tourism industry.
All applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Citizen of Barbados
- Seeking to pursue full-time study in tourism or related field
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average at current/previous institution
- Demonstrate a financial need
- The BHTA Scholarships will cover tuition fees only (no other associated university costs).
- In the case of undergraduate study, applicants must state the total Tuition fees for one year and not the cost of the entire degree programme.
- A letter/schedule from the Institution should also be attached.
- Application forms are available on the BHTA’s website (www.bhta.org) or by contacting the BHTA Secretariat.
- Applicants are required to submit an essay which outlines their career goals, aspirations and information on how the scholarship will benefit their overall educational and personal development, as well as the industry and country.
Submission of Applications:
- Completed application forms with all attachments and supporting materials must be received by no later than Friday, July 29, 2016
- Applications are to be submitted to the BHTA’s Secretariat at 4th Avenue Belleville, St. Michael or to email@example.com. No applications are to be submitted via fax.